Computers Free Software Linux OpenSUSE: linux opensuse 11.3
I had some issues ripping an audio cd to mp3 in openSUSE 11.3 and I thought I’d share my solution with the world.
In order to make mp3′s out of your music CD collection first you must do the Multi-media and restricted format installation guide as described here. This should sort out all your codec needs. I think it also install Lame. In case it doesn’t install with the following zypper command:
zypper in lame
- Now start k3b and insert audio CD. It will try a CDDB lookup which you should allow. This might bring in all the titles and stuff and saves a lot of typing!
- Click “Start Ripping”
- Select MP3 (lame) as filetype
- Click the little spanner beside it
- click Mp3 (lame) and click edit
- Tick “write wave header” then click OK twice
- Save settings by clicking the little floppy disc button at the bottom left.
- Start ripping!
I am now ripping my old CD collection so I can enjoy them on my mp3 player and my PC!